job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Technical Proposal Writer / Project Manager for a permanent opportunity located in Rancho Cordova, CA.
location: Rancho Cordova, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $82,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Job description
Manage proposal pricing activity and conversion of priced resources into financial plans. Serve as key contributor of pricing strategy and responsible for executing executive level proposal strategy.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of proposal process, including managing multiple proposals with varying levels of urgency and attending proposal strategy meetings.
- Own price proposal/section writing process once a request for proposal (RFP) or contract modification is received.
- Responsible for pricing model submitted to the customer.
- Analyze data, present, and create pro formas to brief the executive team on expected financial performance of the contract or change order.
- Responsible for budgeting and planning, including converting proposed resources into an ongoing operating budget and providing ongoing support to the Financial Planning and Analysis team and operational area seeking proposed resource information.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field and 4+ years of budgets and planning experience required.
- 3+ years of project management experience,
- 5+ years of proposal pricing and writing experience, and 2+ years of management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Supplement (DFARS), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.