We are currently seeking a strong Master Data Management (MDM) Product Owner to join our BI Center of Excellence (CoE) organization, focused on understanding, translating, and documenting complex business requirements to enable design, development, and implementation of IT solutions.
This role will work with key business (BICoE) and IT (GTS) stakeholders by being the "bridge" to define, collect, clarify and translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation and data models from which analytical applications and solutions are designed and developed. An ideal candidate for this role must be able to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
This position manages scope, timelines and communication by coordinating resources and budgets with the manager. It also maintains positive and trusted working relationships with all business and internal stakeholders; this includes senior leadership from both business and IT.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Partner with business users, end users or their representatives to understand business needs and translate them to backlog features and stories for MDM.
- Ensure backlog represents both functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. risk, legal, compliance, security etc.).
- Ensure solution aligns with enterprise data quality standards, and policies.
- Ensure backlog requirements aligns with business line and enterprise data governance processes / procedures.
- Perform SAFe Product Owner responsibilities during and in preparation for PI planning, participate in daily Stand-ups, Scrum-of-Scrums etc.
- Prioritize features and stories backlog.
- Collaborate with other Product Owners on intersecting / dependent features.
- Ensure the agile team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed for development.
- Collaborate with agile teams and provide them daily guidance needed to complete design and development.
- Proactively communicate progress, decisions, impediments, and risks.
- Assist with establishing data stewardship for application master data.
Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in MDM Customer, Product or similar data domain.
- Knowledge of MDM industry trends, user demands and opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.