Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical writers play a big part at Walmart. They are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Walmart ecosystem.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's and retails greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users worldwide. At Walmart, engineers revolutionize the way people shop, they routinely work on massive, large-scale applications while changing the world one technological achievement after another to help people save money to live better.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $57.00 - 62.70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Write, publish and maintain high-quality help content and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Manage the production and publishing of documentation.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, developer relations and UX designers.
- Identify user needs, use cases and metrics to focus priorities.
- Write, edit and properly position white papers, presentations, think pieces and other content for a variety of internal and external audiences.
BA degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience writing software documentation in a web production environment.
- Writing and editing experience. Must be able to provide writing samples.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Experience in project and process management of a documentation set.
- Experience in content management systems and/or help tools.
- Track record of problem solving and innovation.
We're a small, nimble team in charge of documentation for the Catalog Engineering Org. We're looking for someone to help lead initiatives like gathering Ops processes and translating them into user-friendly, step-by-step documentation. The ideal candidate has a background in writing and loves to dig in and solve challenging problems. Skills:
- Prior experience writing help documentation in some capacity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.