Sr. Systems Engineer
Randstad Technologies is looking for a talented Sr. Systems Engineer to support a federal customer in Arlington, VA.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
This position is for a Senior System Engineer to support Windows 2012R2 ongoing operations, in a high availability development and production environment for a Federal services contract. The candidate will work as part of the operations support and maintenance team for Windows, and work with network, application, and middleware teams to support product ongoing operations as well as, installations, customizations, and deployments (as needed). The candidate will be responsible to support all aspects of Windows 2012 including managed changes and incident tickets. The position will involve creation of group policies, OU restructuring, group restructuring and Active Directory troubleshooting. Experience in writing documentation, standard operating procedures and updating these documents is required. Experience in FISMA and DISA standards is required. The candidate will also mentor junior admins, assisting when required in troubleshooting and training. Experience with scripting technologies such as VB and/or Powershell is a plus. Work will be performed out of the client's facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC. Opportunities for telework may be available and on call support 24 x 7 is expected.
qualifications: Position requires 5+ years of experience with the following
Position requires 3-5 years experience with the following:
- Demonstrated experience with Windows systems installation, maintenance and troubleshooting, including Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
- Demonstrated experience with managing and monitoring virtual and physical servers
- Demonstrated experience with managing Active Directory in a multi-domain environment
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory design and domain migrations
- Demonstrated experience with Group policy creation, troubleshooting and management
- Experience with large scale datacenter design and operations
- Exceptional attention to detail & strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare) required
- Experience utilizing VB/Powershell to automate common functions
- Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments
skills: Nice to have skills:
The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions to meet customer requirements. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is a plus. AWS Experience - Level of understanding to include: provisioning new resources, new servers, backups, restores, data on tap, net app, and performance tuning. Off-shift coverage may be required for on-call support of systems and maintenance work in supported change windows. The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs is also a plus. Candidate must have experience in development of implementation guides based on NIST 800-53 moderate and high impact baselines. Federal customer experience and be able to obtain Secret level security clearance, if needed. To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display excellent teamwork skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills.
. PLEASE NOTE: Must have an active Secret clearance or higher.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.