The Senior BI Developer is the subject matter expert in reporting tool technologies and visualizations. They assist IT project teams and the business community with the development of reports, both IT-created reports, as well as Self-Service reports. This role has strengths in collecting report level requirements, understanding the related data needed for the requests, and creating the visualization through code and tools. The Senior BI Developer also understands enough of reporting environment administration to ensure the users and reports have the proper security and to fully leverage the tool's overall capabilities.
location: Davenport, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Creation of new reports and visualizations and support of existing reports. Lead business users and IT teams through creation of report requirements and design using reporting tools.
- Work closely with the BI Data Specialist to identify necessary data, create schema and ETL, as well as build the meta-data needed to satisfy business requirements
- Mentoring for business users and application developers who need to create visualizations using their knowledge of the tools and general reporting and development skills.
- Administration of the reporting environment including data connectivity, tool functionality, and security.
- 5+ years in IT career required
- 3+ years in reporting or data related roles required
- Experience collecting report requirements preferred
- Building in WebFocus is required, preferably WebFocus version 8.2.03 experience or as close as possible
- Reporting environment administration experience preferred
- Passion to mentor on proper data management and enabling BI for the business preferred
- Strong knowledge of modern BI tools, SQL, and/or SSRS is required
- Experience with data ETL using tools like SQL packages, SSIS, SQL Sprocs required
- WebFocus Development experience is required
- Web-based development skills preferred
- Comfort communicating equally well with business and IT partners required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.