job summary: Manager, Vendor Management and Oversight Our Opportunity:
Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor management process to maximize vendor performance and value. CVM is responsible for establishing and supporting a firm-wide Vendor Management Program to support business owners in meeting their objectives and satisfying Schwab's client needs through appropriate and strategic use of third parties. The program defines the process and provides a set of procedural standards for identifying, prioritizing and controlling vendor-related risk and performance levels, and reporting requirements for measurability and improvement. There are five phases to the vendor management program, this role is specific to Vendor Monitoring (and Oversight) and Off-Boarding phases.
location: Lone Tree, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: What you'll do:
You will be responsible for supporting the implementation and ongoing management of the firm's Contract Owner (CO) vendor oversight and monitoring program. CO's engage third parties to provide services and are responsible for ensuring third parties are delivering services in line with contract provisions and Schwab's policies. These vendor partners are an integral part of our service delivery strategy that supports our client experience. You will train and provide consultative support for CO's on third party oversight requirements to maximize program compliance and third-party risk management.
Your responsibilities in this role include:
- Business Oversight: Expected to be a subject matter expert for Third Party provided services. Oversee vendor activities and bridges the relationship between the third party and Schwab. Includes ongoing dialogue and communication with the vendors and Business through regular meetings, emails, telephone calls and formal vendor communications and notifications.
- Monitoring and oversight of high risk contracts which includes having subject matter expertise of the contracted services.
- Passion for building and maintaining relationships, enabling open lines of communication with other Corporate Vendor Management team members as well as CO's, risk groups, legal partners and third parties.
- Staying apprised of changes to contracted services, partnering with CO's to ensure contractual obligations are met and oversight activities are being performed, while ensuring that vendors are aware of performance expectations and their own performance metrics.
- Resiliency: Set, assess, and document exit strategies for contract level business resiliency to support Schwab services. Document internal preparedness in order to mitigate impacts during events impacting third party service.
- In consultation with contract owners, CVM stakeholders and risk groups, supports the development and maintenance of continuity plans to mitigate the risk of any significant interruptions to outsourced products/services
- Consulting with Sr. Manager's on the team about impacts to the overall third party relationship, processing changes to third party relationships as a result of mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- Reviewing/approving oversight attestations completed by the CO's
- Performance Management: As issues are identified, work with vendor to identify root cause and corrective action plans to avoid a reoccurrence of the issue. Develop and contribute to continuous improvement in vendor governance.
- Receive and review all feedback regarding vendor performance and manage reports for visibility into vendor performance trends
- Consistently monitor the effectiveness of current vendor management processes and offers process improvements to ensure that work is completed in the most effective and efficient manner possible
In addition, you will assist in overall data maintenance and audits, validation and reporting, including contracts/third parties in scope for oversight and monitoring, vendor and contract level ownership assignments, and vendor terminations. You will also provide the reporting and procedural documentation for the team's work in addition to being responsible for determining target audiences, launching, and monitoring completion for questionnaires and online training.
skills: What you have:
- 3+ years of vendor management, contracts, and relationship management experience
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with business leaders, internal and external stakeholders
- Consultative work style that supports successful initiatives with all levels of management and customers across organizational boundaries
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Skilled at maximizing vendor value in support of key organizational objectives
- Superb customer/client service aptitude
- Flexible and adaptable in handling and implementing change
- Must be a self-motivated individual who grasps concepts quickly, takes proactive ownership of tasks or processes and is a team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with minimal direction, prioritize and multitask independently
- Detail oriented with analytical proficiency, able to navigate ambiguous situations, investigative thinking
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience working in the financial industry or other regulated environment (risk, compliance or vendor management) preferred
- Experience with Ariba, Hiperos, and/or PeopleSoft is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.