job summary: Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, maintain and support Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) frameworks, tools, services and libraries leveraging public cloud infrastructures
- Develop self-service capabilities for platform components and transparent platform-level features to address cross-cutting concerns
- Work closely with architects, designers and other engineers in a tightly knit agile team
- Evaluate new tools and technologies through POCs and propose solutions for implementation
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70.59 - 80.00 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Practice strong software development principles and best practices: Test-driven development (TDD), CI/CD, code refactoring, coding standards, etc.
- Document best practices, guides, systems design, reference architectures and implementations
7+ Years of professional software engineering experience in building large-scale distributed systems
skills: Minimum Qualifications:
- 7+ Years of professional software engineering experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- 2+ Years of experience in public cloud infrastructures: AWS preferred
- Strong hands-on experience in developing applications in one or more language stacks: Java, Python, Go
- Strong hands-on experience in one or more of Containers and Container Orchestration frameworks such as: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, AWS Fargate, etc.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of one or more of Infrastructure-as-Code tools and technologies such as: Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Packer, etc.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, service-oriented architectures, microservices and design patterns
Desired Qualifications (these are the types of tools/technologies/platforms that we are looking for experience in. Candidate will not have ALL of these)
- Experience with Service Mesh, Service Discovery, Routing tools and technologies such as: Istio, Consul, ZooKeeper, zuul, linkerd, envoy, etc.
- Experience with Metrics, Monitoring & Alerting tools such as: Catchpoint, Sensu, Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix, InfluxDB, Graphite, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, etc.
- Experience with APM tools such as: New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.
- Experience with Log Management tools such as: ELK stack, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with secrets management, certificates, encryption and keys such as: Vault, AWS KMS, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps and Pipeline-As-Code such as Jenkins
- Exposure to Configuration Management Tools such as: Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Exposure to Function-as-a-Service, AWS Lambda, Serverless, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development and Scrum methodology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.