Cloud Security Engineer-AWS
The Cloud Security Engineer will assist with the development and implementation for AWS cloud
security architectures for protecting PCI/PII/PHI data deployed into various cloud, on-prem, and hybrid
systems. The position will directly contribute to the implementation of global security cloud architecture.
Required tool/technology Experience:
- Implement security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems.
- Thoroughly document implementations, via technical documentation and run-books for the client.
- Provide input and feedback on security architectures.
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings and capabilities within Amazon Web Services (AWS),
GCP, and Microsoft Azure platforms.
- Possess a solid understanding and have experience with systems automation platforms and
- Represent Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global cloud enterprise
- Customer facing role - Walk thru to white boarding of architecture and implementation planning to
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- College degree or/equivalent and 5 years related work experience, required.
- 2-4 years' experience with Security Architect and/or Engineering.
- 2-3 years' experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google
Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP.
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a
comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development
(Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access
management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication
mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management
(Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible) preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs),
and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Proficiency in scripting programming languages - Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, Powershell, YAML.
- Experience and exposure to threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and
requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent
technical risk decisions.
skills: - Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
- Technical writing experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.