The Senior Cloud Engineer will be part of the team that is responsible for designing, developing, and operating the infrastructure and applications focused on Cloud technologies. The Senior Cloud Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing environment issues, and implementing the monitoring solutions and tools which will automate daily operational activities.
The goal for the Cloud team is to keep our cloud infrastructure ahead of our (rapid) customer growth, ensuring service reliability, performance, efficiency and security for acquisition, management and distribution capabilities.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
we're looking for
- 8+ years' experience in engineering enterprise base web enabled applications, including:
- 3+years of experience in AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration skills.
- Strong understanding across cloud infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Experience in AWS services technologies and practices, building applications using services such as AWS EC2, ECS, IAM, Lambda, EMR, Cloud Formation, and CHEF.
- A well-grounded knowledge of engineering, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Good understanding of well architected framework implementation in Enterprises: Operation excellent, Security, reliability, performance efficiency and cost optimization.
- Passionate about learning and implementing new technologies.
- Experience with code optimization, performance testing and performance tuning
- Working in a supportive AGILE team environment
- Writing backend end business logic and integrating front end client UI with backend API's.
- Experience in Spark Implementation
- Experience in Python scripting
- Experience with development and collaboration tools (GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Concourse etc.)
- Experience with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a diverse audience, including upper management and customers.
- Extensive knowledge about APIs. You can design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers, and you know when to use JSON or XML.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineer field.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Demonstrate understanding and proven track record for cloud-based solutions, continuous integration/deployment and cloud architecture.
skills: Spark Implementation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.