Sr. Business Analyst
Immediate need for a Senior Business Analyst who will be working on Customer-Facing Technology Initiatives. This is a key role on high-visibility, high business impact development projects. Candidates must be able to interact effectively with senior-level business partners, facilitate large-group discussions, proactively drive the process to reach agreement on final requirements.
location: Freeport, Maine
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for eliciting requirements using a variety of activities and tools from business case to functional requirements, including User Stories, requirements backlog, visual references for workflows, and knowledge transfer meetings with team members.
2. Identify gaps or inefficiencies between requirements and existing or proposed solutions and develop recommendations for improvement.
3. Identify opportunities for workflow/process improvements and technology impacts, and work with stakeholders to jointly develop ways to enhance productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness or improve user experience through the development process and project solution.
4. Apply domain and industry knowledge to help guide solution option analysis, working closely with technical teams.
5. Ensure effective data design by establishing the key questions that must be answered; how customers need to interact with information to meet business requirements and align to their business processes. Work with the design and development teams to ensure data is captured to support key questions and the ways by which the customers need to interact with the system to access key information.
6. Participate in user and acceptance testing. Analyze user feedback and testing results, making prioritization decisions and recommendations for defect resolution, modifications or new requirements.
7. Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the project vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
8. Participate in trade-off analysis, development of decision making criteria and facilitation of decision process, including presentation and discussions with senior leadership.
9. Build strong relationships within organization to understand the business goals, the challenges to meeting the goals, and how technology is and should be used to accomplish the goals. Build positive, constructive partnering relationships with key stakeholder groups, including senior leaders.
10. Plan and facilitate major customer touch points including: - Requirement definition meetings, focus groups, presentations, and interviews with internal and external stakeholders as needed to define and analyze business problems and products - Vendor RFP's and demonstrations: Participate in development of vendor RFP's, scoring, demonstrations and facilitation of conversation to gather user feedback - Concept validations: Contribute to concept deliverables, identify key users and gather feedback on concepts
·3-5 years of business analysis experience
· Strong working knowledge of core business analysis functions (including business process analysis, roadmap development, requirement elicitation tools and techniques, e.g. JAD sessions, interviews, focus groups, workshop facilitation)
· Proven experience developing requirements and designs
· Experience with Agile methods preferred, including working directly with Product Owners to understand and prioritize enhancement requests
· Strong facilitator in large, cross-functional groups
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Exhibits organizational savvy, business savvy, executive presence, thought partnership and ability to influence
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage time
· Ability to advocate for stakeholders and/or business objectives across both functional and technical domains to ensure fully vetted, well-reasoned decision making, taking into account multiple points of view and the ability to arbitrate and objectively evaluate competing requests across the enterprise
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.