job summary: Distributed Systems (NFVO backend) What will you do?
We are looking for stellar software engineers to work on the team developing the Blue Planet Orchestration platform services and software development kit (SDK).
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 152,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Develop new software micro-services, libraries, and features that form the platform supporting service orchestration
- Extend and create SDKs used by developers to author resource adapters, service templates, and lifecycle plans
- Work closely with the Blue Planet solution teams, internal developers, and customers to support their use of the platform to deliver complete solutions to customers
- Participate in all phases of the development cycle - plan, design, implement, review, test, deploy, document, and training.
qualifications: Areas of impact
You will be working as a Blue Planet software engineer creating an orchestration platform that service providers use to manage service lifecycles and automate operations. Blue Planet is based on a modern software architecture that leverages open-source technologies, model-driven templates and container-based micro-services. Blue Planet facilitates the evolution toward more efficient, modernized network operations and software-defined programmability to accelerate the delivery of on-demand services, reduce costs, and enable a path to increased network autonomy. Experience
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms & design patterns
- Development experience (> 2 to 3 years ) - preferably on languages such as Scala / Java / GoLang / Python and scripting skills
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp-up on new languages and technologies
- Ability to write understandable, reliable and testable code with minimum supervision
skills: Desirable knowledge or experience in (a plus - not mandatory):
- Distributed, Highly-available systems running at large scale
- Distributed platforms which use Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra or similar systems
- Cloud environments (e.g., Docker, AWS, Openstack etc.,)
- Asynchronous programming patterns (e.g., Python frameworks like Twisted, Webservices built on Node.js, or the Akka framework on Scala)
- Basic understanding of networking including L2/L3 Switching & Routing
- Fundamentals of SDN and NFV (Network function virtualization)
- Experience in CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Delivery), AGILE work environments
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues on scale systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.