Client is seeking an DevOps / Release Engineer to help launch amazing features for the best Guest experience in town.
The purpose of the DevOps / Release Engineer role is to ramp up and develop deployment practices to assure an acceptable level of quality for releases. You will work closely with QA and Development to facilitate the deployment through our superhero-themed environments to production. You should be detail-oriented, flexible with hours (deployments can occur throughout the day), and willing to assist in Nerf gun wars with the other side of the office. This role is assigned work of moderate to high complexity and with limited assistance from more senior team members. This individual must be detail orientated, have experience with release engineering, and flexible with hours as deployments occur throughout the day.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create and maintain multiple test environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled
- Build and maintain deployment tools using Docker
- Solve operational problems with a software engineer mindset
- Name new environments accordingly based on our current superhero theme
- Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environments
- Trace complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment
- Maintain environment release information across multiple lab environments such as software and configuration baseline version. Maintains build and release procedures, release branches, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Participate in Change Management processes and provide input to Change Control Board for approvals for all types of releases.
- Proactively identifies, recommends and implements process and other improvements.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management.
- 2+ years of experience with at least one infrastructure automation tool (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Strong Linux skills-you aren't afraid of the command line
- Experience with Docker: building images from scratch, deploying containers, etc
- Experience with modern programming languages such as Python, Ruby, or Go
- A desire to automate all the things
- Understands what Rogue One is
- Leadership experience and solid understanding of SDLC and Continuous Integration practices
- Flexibility to work early shift (start time at 6:00am)
- Hand on experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Experience with relational databases a plus
- Experience working with Agile release cycles
- Experience in Source Code Branching and Merging
- Understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Understands what Rogue Two is
- Experience working with rapid, overlapping product release cycles
- 3+ years source control tool experience (e.g. Git, SVN)
- 3+ years build automation experience (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, Concourse)
- 3+ years build tools experience (e.g. Ant, Ivy, Maven, etc.)
- Experience with front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular 2, ReactJS, Vue)
- Experience managing Production deployments to load balanced web servers, including experience deploying hotfixes to live websites.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and manage workload based on project deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal skills needed for documentation and leading production deployment calls.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.