As our DevOps engineer, you will work on a team of DevOps engineers focusing on the day-to-day tasks of managing and maintaining Datacenter environments and will be hands-on involved with building source code, deploying binaries, configuration and monitoring application servers. Candidate will also research and develop of build and deployment automation tools and must be comfortable working in an agile environment.
Candidate must have strong leadership, communication and technical skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment. The ability to handle aggressive timelines is a must.
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Automate the development and test automation processes through CI/CD pipeline (GitFlow, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Puppet, Stackstorm,Chef etc.,)
- Develop and configure tools for more productive Front-end Operations ((build tools, deployment, speed: (app, tests, builds, deploys), monitoring errors/logs, and stability)
- Drive continuous improvements in deployment, management, and monitoring of the application's web services.
- Manage and maintain multiple environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled
- Contribute to improvements in processes that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the DevOps and product development teams in responding to customer and business needs
- Solve live performance and stability issues and prevent their recurrence.
- Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Administer in Linux systems and various tools including JIRA, Git, Jenkins or other similar systems
- Develop automated deployment and monitoring tools in Ansible, Python, bash or similar scripting languages
- Creatively identify and isolate issues between infrastructure and application
- Research and analyze tools and technologies to optimize building and deploying code-base, manage distributed production systems and application resources.
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Work with various teams including: developers, QA, triage, technical support, project managers, database administrators and technical writers
- Documents and completes knowledge transfer to production support.
- Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production ready
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years' software engineering / devops experience
- Strong knowledge of scripting and automation tools and strategies, e.g. Powershell
- Experienced overseeing web application installations, upgrades, and deployment as well as any servers/systems that support hosted web applications
- Strong working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef
- Experience installing/upgrading applications; deploying applications/solutions.
- Work with Jenkins and CI tools to automate software delivery (build, test, deploy)
- Experience in configuring SOA-based applications (REST, SOAP, JSON, and similar)
- UNIX/Linux based system administration experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in web application (Java) maintenance and troubleshooting, application performance monitoring, automating day-to-day activities with Ansible
- Hands-on working experience with implementing configuration, build, deployment and release management best practices.
- Creating documentation for application configuration and procedures.
- Experience with source control systems (GitHub, BitBucket, SVN, etc...)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash and PowerShell.
- Healthcare IT experience - a plus.
- WebSphere products experience (IIB, DataPower) - a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.