job summary: Position Description
- Develops innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Supports and ensures business objectives being met
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small group of 3 to 4 engineers for assigned Engineering projects
- Leads and participates in end to end service implementations, data feeds ingestion, and orchestration
- Designs and implements low latency services.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $75.00 - 82.50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Expert level experience Java/JEE, Cassandra, Kafka and Spark
- Experienced in Java/JEE, Python and API integrations
- Experienced in building Pipelines using Cassandra, Spark and Kafka
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
skills: Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ yearsexperience in a development or architectural leadership role in a building web based Java EE services/applications.
- Experience leading teams through the full life-cycle of software development through design, development, quality and deployment
- Experience with SOA, Apache Camel, REST, Web-Services, JEE technologies, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle desirable
- Experience with NOSQL solutions, Big Data techologies Hadoop, Hive, Kafka would be a plus
- Experience building fast and responsive web applications
- 2+ yearsexperience in Agile Methodology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.