Our Enterprise Healthcare client is looking for a seasoned Business Analyst to join their team. The right candidate has exceptional troubleshooting skills, with a strong background in utilizing SQL to extract/modify data in a SQL Database.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
IT Business Systems Analysts collect and analyze information to formulate the scope and objectives of technology solutions. Writes system and programming specifications so that when the system is implemented it will meet user needs. Provides input into cost estimations and project plans. Prepares and maintains technical documentation including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting to assist with the ongoing operation and maintenance of technology solutions. Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives.
- nalyzes business requirements to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
- Researches and assists in designs solutions for general maintenance requests to resolve system problems
- Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
- Provide oversight and final review of design specification
- Take the initiative to seek out areas of improvement
- Assigned to highly complex projects, systems or initiatives
- Provides input into forecasting and project-planning for scope/requirements documents and/or vendor contracts to minimize risk to on time, cost effective solution fulfillment.
- Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements. Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
- Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
- Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components.
- Creates detailed program specifications from which a developer can code.
- Validates the design documentation with the appropriate parties and receives approval on these documents. Reviews final design documents to ensure that they clearly explain the work expectations.
- Clarifies design expectations. Answers business and technical questions. Researches and involves appropriate parties to resolve more complex business and technical issues.
- Continuously assesses systems as business direction changes for impacts to existing designs. Understands impacts and works as appropriate to determine best solution.
- Provide consultative support for the systems within their product family
- Partner with developers and other IT staff to ensure the design fulfills business and technical requirements
- Responsible for relationship management responsibilities for assigned vendors
- Prepare technical documentation and deliverables including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting.
- Ensures adherence to practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Develops test scenarios & test cases, performs test executions for various system components.
- Prepares complex test strategies to ensure comprehensive coverage of system components and interfaces, provides SME level expertise and recommends test strategies and scenarios for junior level analysts.
- Develops and documents vetted contingency plans in case of risks or roadblocks
- Responsible for consensus and relationship building between Business, IT teams and BRMs
- Other duties as assigned
-Gathering/Writing Business Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.