We are seeking a Senior Project Lead/Business Analyst to join our US Group Health Claims Model Office Project Team for Group Claims - Field Operations Total Absence Management (TAM), Short Term Disability (STD) & Long Term Disability (LTD). The Project Lead will be experienced in dealing with complex cross-functional or enterprise wide projects with the ability to drive both effective and efficient outcomes. It is expected that the Lead, while working independently, will drive these projects from original concept through final implementation and will be able to communicate Phase Gate Review (PGR) SDLC Process delivery to Business, Technology and Key Stakeholders.
Individuals with strong Process Analysis/Design backgrounds that have experience in process mapping/value stream development, and/or have done true target operating model design/consulting, in particular with Insurance background (Disability Insurance background ideal; Operations or Claim Processing also acceptable; Robotic Process Automation (RPA) are highly desirable.
The Lead will work collaboratively with Disability Operations SMEs to Analyze and to Re-Design a "Best Practices" Standard Process through deep-dive analysis of Absence Management Projects, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability. Additional responsibility may include work on a corporate wide telephony initiative and process analysis / lean approach on multiple RPA initiatives across multiple disability products.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Serves as a liaison between the business and the IT area or RPA team, ensuring management and Project Stakeholders are informed of project status, and plans to mitigate any issues and risks.
- Drives operational excellence through the understanding and alignment of key customer goals and business priorities.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving project interdependencies, overlap and integration concerns across other projects. Lead prioritization and sequencing exercises of all projects and activities across all channels.
- Applies an expert understanding of business needs, goals, and challenges and connects them to the projects in order to tell a single story.
- Responsible for project management execution including but not limited to estimating and managing project cost and resources; identifying and managing project risks and issues; Candidates should be:
- Flexible and responsive to a changing operations environment and dynamic business priorities.
- Trained/experienced in MS Office (Word/Excel), familiar with VISIO and able to visualize/design and explain workflows, process simplification proposals and value/benefit
- Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership.
- Proven stakeholder management skills and ability to remove project obstacles.
- Leads and motivates project team members that are not direct reports that may cross various functional areas.
- Leads project meetings and provides updates to senior leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of technology.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timelines and deliverables are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
This position is responsible for developing, managing and coordinating transformation workstream(s) and more generally for supporting transformation teams on initiatives across Global Operations that incorporate proactive and innovative solutions to address business challenges and support Global Technology Operation's vision of driving savings, leveraging scale and offering a differentiated customer experience. In partnership with internal and external Global Operations resources and SMEs, and under general supervision, this position will manage and participate in transformation workstream teams deployed on initiatives tied to Global Operations strategic priorities.
- 5-7 years of hands on project management and execution experience delivering complex business and integrated software projects using standard SDLC processes
- Exceptional analytical skills with demonstrated ability to apply analysis to actionable insights
- Organizational intelligence and strong influence management/cross-functional leadership skills; adept at working in a matrixed structure
- Knowledgeable in office automation tools (MS Office suite of applications, email, Internet, etc.)
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Disability Industry insurance preferred; general insurance industry experience is required.
- Very strong presentation and communication skills with experience providing communication to senior leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship management and facilitation skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Business Requirement gathering, operating model assessment, strategy evaluation, value stream mapping work (process design and re-engineering) and workshops
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with many deliverables and stakeholders
- Disability and operations knowledge
- Understanding of RPA (Robot Process Automation and Lean approach
- ~15-25% travel to NY/CT office; flexibility to work out of Upstate NY/Hartford, CT Area
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.