Sr. Windows Engineer
The Senior IT Engineer plays a critical role in engineering, design, maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of the Windows Platform. They are responsible for Windows Server administration, Windows Clustering, Windows DFS and Work in Secondary platforms such as DNS, VMWare, Nutanix, UCS, HPE Synergy.
location: Bolingbrook, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 61 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Administration of a Windows Environment
- Experience with Microsoft server security and hardening servers.
- Experience with Java and .Net applications
- Experience in GCP and Azure
- Working knowledge of Hardware platforms (HPE, UCS, Nutanix, EMC Storage)
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure Services AD, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Ability to learn, test and implement new technologies and methods for potential use at our Client
- Ability to work with team members from a variety of disciplines
- Ability to contribute to automation of Infrastructure (Powershell, BigFix and Ansible)
- Some budget management, capacity planning will be done as well.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 4+ years of progressive IT engineering experience, including Windows and Hardware Platform Administration.
- Strong experience in Windows Administration,
- Demonstrate decision making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
- Strong team player with proven experience to collaborate with other server, network, storage engineers and administrators
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Able to follow-up, follow through and deliver quality and timely results
- Able to prioritize workloads and adjust schedule to meet deadlines
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and apply them to evolving business needs
- Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.