IT Systems Engineer
We have a contractor assignment for an IT Systems Engineer. The team delivers new and enhanced, high quality IT services and technologies to the organization. They implement well-engineered and integrated solutions to address business requirements utilizing architecture developed by the Strategic Planning team. The group leverages orchestration and automation to gain speed and cost effectiveness aimed at providing high availability and ease of support for Infrastructure Operations Services. The Network and Telecom Lab is available to project teams to ensure new features and changes to our network and telephony applications meet standards and integrate with our existing systems.
In this assignment, the contractor is responsible for supporting the technical infrastructure and platforms. Candidates are required to assist in installation, configuration, implementation, support, and maintenance of all lab systems, hardware and software components. Candidates will also be required to participate on project teams to help develop, maintain and enhance assigned lab platforms to meet the needs of those teams. The contractor will work with others to manage changes to the systems, and to ensure that the availability of the supported environment meets negotiated service level agreements.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Follow established Problem and Change Management processes and procedures
- Follow standard implementation elevation and testing processes to ensure interoperability with other hardware, software, and application components
- Assist with the installation of hardware components, which includes the placement, power, communication, documentation, and updating of asset inventory
- Support both physical and virtual network environments and will include supporting request generated systems
- Working with vendor-supplied processes to install base solutions and investigate configurable components
- Working with others to determine compatibility of new components with all other hardware and software components and Works with other areas within IT to validate functionality
- Working with others to manage, monitor, analyze and optimize performance of Lab infrastructure, including application of any required maintenance, validation of processes, and verification of successful backups
- Assist projects with system analysis, requirements gathering for iteration changes, testing solutions, resolving test issues, collecting test data and producing reports
- Proficient with Desktop operating systems and devices. This includes Microsoft Windows 10, Office, and Exchange email solutions as well as SharePoint for day to day operations.
- Understanding of Cisco Network IOS for support and configuration of Routers and Switches and be capable of logically following connectivity through a complex and changing network environment.
- Capable of managing the physical connectivity of lab space. This includes cabling and configuring new devices, installing equipment, pruning physical connections, and loading systems/applications files. In addition, must be capable of maintaining documentation of changes and inventory of connections and physical devices on a regular basis.
- Strong technical aptitude and some knowledge of all areas in an IT environment, with the technical capability to use standard computer interfaces, operating system components, utilities.
- Able to work under general supervision in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to work in a team oriented environment; interacting effectively with others, and keeping the team informed of current status.
- Driven to learn and committed to process success.
- Able to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously and communicate on these effectively.
- Attention to details.
skills: Preferred Skills:
- Familiar with Microsoft Visio for documentation and maintenance of complex lab drawings
- Experience with network and telecom tools to include NetDisturb, Spirent Test Center, Riverbed SteelCentral NPM products HP MicroFocus Network Node Manager (aka HP Network Node Manager),Gigamon and NetIM
- Ability to negotiate to find successful resolutions for issues of basic complexity escalating to team lead those that require management involvement, as necessary
- Familiarity with APIC-EM/DNA
- Access technologies, Riverbed WAN Optimization, ACI, Cloud technologies etc.
- Familiarity with BMC Remedy
- Associate's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or related field of study and a minimum of two years working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of four years related experience working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems may be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.