Growing, A+ rated (A.M. Best) group of property-and-casualty insurance companies serving individuals, families, and businesses in 20 states across the Midwestern and Western U.S. plus Alaska. Currently ranked as the 57th largest private company by revenue in Minnesota (Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal), Consistently earned accolades as an employer of choice, including as a Star Tribune Top Workplace (2011 - 2016), and previously as a recipient of the Minnesota Business Ethics Award, as a Minnesota Business Magazine Top 100 Workplace, as a Principal Financial "10 Best" Company, and as a finalist for the Alfred P. Sloan "When Work Works" Award.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Develop methodology for maintaining and managing the use of the infrastructure architecture in the immediate and long-range strategic plans and solutions.
- Assess the scalability, security and availability of new systems technologies and enterprise-wide solutions.
- Define future standards for systems infrastructure including criteria to determine hardware, systems software, network, and capacity design and configuration.
- Define strategies around cloud strategy and infrastructure transformation to a Dev Ops organizational model.
- Lead key design decisions regarding specific infrastructure issues.
- Produces infrastructure designs for large and/or architecturally significant IT initiatives.
- Provide architecture oversight and sign-off on the detailed designs produced by service providers.
- Serve as an architectural or subject matter expert advisor to senior IT management and provide guidance to other staff within multiple areas of the IT organization.
- Present, listen, interpret and provide unsolicited feedback as required.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Partner with business stakeholders to design next generation technology solutions, while continuing to support existing business capabilities on legacy systems.
- Be able to serve as an infrastructure engineer with hands on experience in trouble shooting technical problems.
- Identify and lead the resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- 10+ years of IT Infrastructure experience with a variety of technologies (Windows, Java, Citrix, Network, Virtual Private Network (VPN), VM and Storage).
- 5+ years of Enterprise or Solution Architect/Engineer experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Networking Storage and VM tools. Proven knowledge with Network: LAN, WAN, SD-WAN (Cisco, Palo-alto), switches, firewalls, DMZ, CDN, DNS, VPN. Additional proven knowledge with Hosting and Storage: Compute (Linux, windows) Virtualization (VMWARE) and Converged - Hybrid infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience successfully guiding the troubleshooting of issues in a distributed system, as well as working with operational teams and vendors as needed to isolate and restore service upon escalation. This includes experience working with other teams and staff to identify the root cause of problems and making recommendations on how to avoid repeating problems.
- Cloud platform experience with proven knowledge of Cloud Solutions and how they should be implemented including public, private and hybrid cloud solutions and subscription models.
- Proven knowledge with virtual desktop and mobility: Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop VMware Horizon 7 Enterprise, VMware User Environment Management.
- Experience working with remote environments and offices.
- Deep conceptual understanding of the current state of enterprise infrastructure with Dev Ops including automation and orchestration, continuous integration/deployment.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills to influence infrastructure engineers.
- 4-year degree in business or other related field of study or equivalent experience in lieu of degree acceptable.
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect).
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows 2008 and beyond.
- Knowledge of Cisco network and technologies, CCNA(P).
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills, especially with non-technical audiences and senior leadership.
- Basic understanding of the agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security requirements and demands as they relate to infrastructure provisioning and operations.
- Comfortable discussing business needs, gathering requirements, and recommending solutions including leading whiteboard discussions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.