A visual/interaction designer is a professional who can plan, create, and communicate beautiful, usable, and effective interface designs for mobile, web, and device interfaces. From layout, to visual branding, to motion and interactivity - interactive design is collaborative and comprehensive.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of current digital design trends as well as design fundamentals. This candidate is passionate about all aspects of the digital space and understands how to translate business problems into strong interactive solutions.
We will need someone who will work with a developer, researchers and experience architects designing and testing one set of functionality (Customer Profile - phone numbers, addresses, consent pages, etc) that will be shared across customer and employee facing channels. It will be a mix of leveraging existing styles in our old and new brands, but working collaboratively with my team to ideate, design, create and test - with some iteration of those designs built in.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with contemporary tools, including Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Adobe Creative Cloud to design new interaction modules, page layouts, style guides, images, icons, animations and other visual elements
- Apply and update existing brand (visual and interaction) standards to accommodate test goals
- Present and communicate designs and design goals to teammates, partners, and leadership.
- Create prototypes using design tools noted above; by coding in HTML5/CSS/JS; and working directly with front-end developers
- Participate as an observer in user interviews and usability test sessions
- Validate developer-built experiences relative to UX design requirements, provide feedback and work with developers to reach best outcomes
- Bachelor's in a visual design-related discipline such as Design, Animation or related field of study - or 5 years relevant professional experience
- Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Adobe Creative - 5 years
- Invision - 5 years
- Marvel - 5 years
- Adobe Creative - 5 years
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.