International companies with location in Houston, adding SAP to new business units. Opportunity to join a well established company investing in technology.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
Summary: this position is responsible for the implementation and support of SAP Production Planning module and its integration with the rest of SAP solutions (SAP ECC6, S/4Hana all core modules and other On Premise or Cloud SAP products). This role requires consulting skills, business knowledge and SAP solution expertise
- Primary responsibility is to ensure SAP Project System implementations meet business expectations and is compliant with SAP Best Practices
- Responsible of SAP Project System module lifecycle management as member of the SAP CoE
- Promotes standardization of business processes in project system module
- Apply SAP ASAP and Activate (Waterfall and Agile) methodologies and adheres to organizational standards
- Configure the Project System module and coordinate the configuration of the integration with the other SAP modules: CO, SD, MM, IM, etc.
- Acts as quality assurance SAP expert in Project System module
- Produce and maintain business process documentation, configuration, WRICEF functional and technical specifications, testing scripts, user guides, etc.
- Responsible for delivering Project System module solution in rollouts, enhancements, upgrades, etc.
- Responsible for Change and Incident Management
- Acts as liaison with Global Process Owners, Demand Managers, Project Management Office and business stakeholders to evaluate requests, ideas, initiatives, elaborate business cases and propose solutions compatible with SAP Best Practices
- Supervise consulting partner localization configuration and enhancements
- Responsible for the unit testing of Project System module, support the scope, planning and execution of the integration testing, user acceptance test acting as defect resolution responsible
- Responsible for the support function for Project System module according to ITSM SLAs
- Plan, track, and report Project System module activities, deliverables and milestones
- During projects, rollouts, enhancements, change requests, provide training to key users, deliver demos, simulations and produce videos, presentations, user guides
- Support the selection of external and internal consultants, knowledge transfer, onboarding of consultants, knowledge transfer and handover of new functionality delivered by external business partners
- Assist SAP CoE Head, SAP CoE Design Leads and SAP CoE Project Management in all aspects related to Project System module
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field
- SAP configuration experience in Project System module. SAP certification desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of key integration points between SAP modules
- Business knowledge and process design skills
- Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to collaborate with clients and have a strong desire to excel.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage own workload
- Able to Multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
- Must be an effective problem solver
- At least 2 full lifecycle SAP R/3 ECC6 or S/4Hana implementation experience (Project Preparation until Go-Live)
skills: Preferred skills: ability to speak foreign languages: Spanish, Portuguese, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.