Identity and Access Management Engineer
The incumbent will provide services to the Enterprise Authentication Team (EAS) at The Client. The EAS team manages the directories and the authentication systems. The EAS team also manages Microsoft Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS), Microsoft Azure AD, and Microsoft Azure AD Connect (AADC) which support the on-prem, cloud and Office365 infrastructure.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $52.85 - 57.75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Essential Job Functions:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of ADFS.
- Troubleshooting of problems, performance tuning and day-to-day administration activities.
- Work with the Web Administrators, Application owners hosting CRM and SharePoint applications on the Microsoft Office 365 infrastructure to set up configuration on ADFS and Azure AD.
- Implement Federation with other SaaS applications using ADFS and/or Azure AD.
- Work closely with the web developers and website owners addressing their integration problems to ADFS and Azure AD.
- Work with the Microsoft SQL Server Administrators for the backend SQL Server repositories used by these products.
- Review all system documentation to be delivered according to specified guidelines (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures)
- Maintain technical documentation
- Provide on-going knowledge transfer to team members and clients on security products and standards
- On-call rotation 24X7 one week per month for the production environment might be required.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Master's degree with 2 years relevant experience or Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in administering Microsoft ADFS
- Good understanding of how applications (SharePoint, CRM, custom apps) integrate with AD FS and Azure AD
- Good understanding of OpenID, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, SCIM, protocols.
- Experience with Identity as a Service (IDaaS), such as Azure AD Premium, Okta, PingOne, is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of operating systems and application security, administration, and debugging
skills: Required Skills/Abilities:
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Familiarity with performance analysis using performance monitoring and tuning tools.
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Able to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audience (management, users, vendors, and technical staff).
- Team player with strong technical and user support skills.
- Flexibility to manage environment changes and emerging opportunities
- Demonstrate continuing professional development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.