Storage allocation includes monitoring storage pool thresholds and insuring service level agreements are met. Disaster recovery includes backup and recovery planning and execution of disaster recovery tests. Assisting peers can be activities ranging from storage pool creation to resolving storage allocation issues.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Serves as the lead technical consultant responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions. Supports the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions. Troubleshoots and proceeds on resolving infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc. May be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise. Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, budget forecasting, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems. May serve as the primary contact for vendors.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent experience working in an IBM mainframe environment.
- Experience in storage management disciplines with demonstrated familiarity and accomplishment with storage tools and storage administration techniques.
- Ability to follow established technical direction and implementation of Storage Management technology operational processes.
- Proficient in JCL, TSO, ISPF, SMS, HSM, IDCAMS, FDR. Experience with IBM Utilities, TS7700 tape technology, and DS8886 disk technology is a plus.
- Proven problem solving and root cause analysis capabilities.
Technologies span mainframe, midrange, desktop, server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, and output/receiving
skills: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four, typically six or more years experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.