job summary: Principal Cloud Application Developer
Cloud Application Development Services team is responsible for delivering cloud native applications in IT. The team is also responsible for end-to-end delivery of systems integration projects. The team manages client engagements and delivers components(applications/integrations) that provide enterprise-wide business solutions throughout the company. Work products include direct project management and on-going relationship management for all KP Business Information Office Portfolios (BIOs). The organization drives the successful delivery of cloud applications and integration products from definition through production support.
The cloud developers who make up this group analyze the cloud native application and integration requirements, message structures, and data processing needs in order to develop the proposed solution. Work products include developing, micro services, UI/UX components, DevOps, API management, testing and developer support for the organization.
The principal cloud application developer - A seasoned engineer, primarily responsible for developing cloud native applications and integration solutions, troubleshooting issues and delivering quality solutions. This individual will leverage their knowledge of industry best practices and KP infrastructure to continually improve internal development procedures and standards. As needed, this individual may assist other developers with development challenges. This team is actively seeking new technologies and works on providing advanced shared capabilities to be leveraged by other groups. The expectation is to create working solutions and patterns with new products and technologies, adding value to end business.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- End to end solution architecting, designing and developing large applications/systems using cloud and traditional integrations
- Perform hands on development of cloud applications and integration solutions on a variety of platform
- Research and resolve technical issues and recommend appropriate interventions/modifications as needed
- Ensure work processes and products meet IT standards
- Assist development of the Cloud Application Development reference architectures and patterns
- Recommend cloud and integration best practices and assist with system engineering.
- Lead technical proof of concept activities to push the frontier and test new technologies.
qualifications: Basic Qualifications
- 8+ years of progressive IT experience, with demonstrated success in software architecture, design, development, testing, operationalize, monitoring and support.
- 5+ years solid work experience developing cloud applications on cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry/IBM Bluemix or similar platforms like AWS and GCP.
- 4+ years of experience developing microservices using Java, NodeJs, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka and other frameworks like Spring.
- Solid experience developing UI/UX components (SPAs, MPAs) using industry best tooling like React/Redux, Angular, HTML5
- Solid experience in practicing CI/CD and DevOps including thorough experience in automating various tests (unit, component, concurrency, multi user, load) with Git, Jenkins or similar tools
- 3+ years in depth working (as developer) experience on API management solutions like IBM APIConnect/DataPower and/or google APIGEE or similar.
- Ability to quickly grasp & learn new technologies and develop POC/prototypes.
- Good communication skills and extensive experience working with technical teams and management.
- Must have deployed Production ready apps and supported complete project lifecycles.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- Good troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Familiarity with mobile app development.
- Experience with Healthcare and/or insurance industry and/or implementation of HealthCare or Insurance systems.
- Creation of clear documentation of tests, work completed and prototypes, operational readiness guides.
- Excellent team player.
- Familiarity with IBM BPM/ODM, digitalML IgniteXML products will be a bonus.
skills: Strong Team Player, Great Communicator and Strong problem solver
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.