Identifies and compares alternative solutions to determine the optimal solution that will meet business needs.
- Ensures alignment of solution architecture to business objectives, roadmaps and strategic solutions, as well as to CLIENT's architecture principles and standards
- Works on unusually complicated problems and provides solutions that are highly creative and ingenious.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Engages with external industry experts, technology suppliers and market analysts to bring insight to the strategy and to keep CLIENT up to date with industry and market advancements/innovations.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of application system architecture and conducts business information flow studies.
- Creates the architecture document for assigned projects, including architecture patterns, decisions, and rationale for those decisions
- Conducts system architecture studies of new and existing IT systems to permit development of integrated systems.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 81 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Defines future architecture enhancements, i.e. logical evolutions of the system
- Presents and communicates the solution architecture to various stakeholders, both technical and business, and can explain how the solution design will meet business needs
- Assists in creating and defining application and technical patterns to be used for business events, as necessary
- Acts as counselor to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the technical capability
- Evaluates system scalability and recommends improvements.
- Understands and applies change principles to identify architectural risks and technology debt.
- Provides in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes
- Provides leadership and guidance in the following:
o Drives application architectural decisions for the systems under development
o Leads the applications integration and design discussions among multiple cross functional groups
o Influences key decisions for the technical and infrastructure architecture.
o Advises the system and infrastructure configuration from application performance, scalability, and capacity perspective.
o Provides guidance to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the technical capability
10 years of hands-on experience and Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience
? In depth experience architecting solutions that are: Secure, Resilient, Scalable,
? Modern programming languages and frameworks such as JEE, .NET, Python, Angular,
? Integration technology patterns and platforms including Web Services, REST API,
Messaging, and ETL with related technologies like XML and JSON
? Database technologies like RDBMS, NoSQL,Hadoop, Informatica, Data Virtualization
? Containerized infrastructure, Micro Services and DevOps principles
? Business process automation / management
? Reporting and analytical tools such as MicroStrategy, Essbase, Tableau
? Experience with cloud or cloud migration preferable using Hadoop, Columnar Database,
Open source Technologies, AWS
? Agile experience
? Experience with data lakes supporting transactional applications
skills: Business Intelligence (MicroStrategy), ETL (Informatica), Data Mart, Dimensional
Modeling, Data Virtualization (Denodo)
- Preference is for this person to play following roles based on the demand: Data Strategist;
- Experience with mortgage industry
- Experience with applications dealing with events/real time data
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.