Sr. IT Project Manager (Contact Center)
The scope of the project includes:
- Implement Incident management SaaS solution for Compliance, Privacy, Employee Relations and Asset Protection business groups (Navex and InTouch)
- Confidential Hotline
- Single Sign On per standards
- Data migration
from legacy system (one time)
- Data integrations
with systems such as HRIS, Location, ER cases from Salesforce
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
Responsible for managing large-size IT projects and/or multiple projects simultaneously. Manages project scope, schedule, risks, issues, and financials. Communicates to IT/business stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of IT project management experience
- Extensive experience developing a project plan including the charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, financial forecast and schedule.
- Extensive experience in working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels
- Experience managing project budgets of at least $2M
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong risk, issue and change management exp
- Complex system integrations experience required
- Vendor Management experience required
- Solid problem solving and analysis skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong Waterfall methodology experience
- PMP preferred
- Tririga system implementation / enhancement experience a huge plus
- Manages large size, complex projects to achieve key business objective goals.
- Creates, monitors, and updates project plan. Helps establish work plan and assists with the staffing for projects.
- Provides management and strategic direction to cross-functional project teams.
- Accountable for managing project budget and schedule.
- Reviews and may provide input into the project/technical scope definition. Coordinates development and approval of the business and technical requirements documents.
- Proactively works with project teams to identify project risks and issues. Assists with the resolution of issues/risks and escalates when appropriate.
- Represents the company with contractors, suppliers, business partners and other parties as required.
- Coordinates activities of project teams to ensure project progress is on schedule and within budget. Recommends and makes adjustments to the project plan and staffing.
- Effectively monitors, measures, and communicate project status to project stakeholders and executives.
- Participates in team members performance assessments and mentors junior PMs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.