We are looking for highly motivated and talented software engineers to join Blue Planet platform team, responsible for building performant, reliable, and maintainable platform services and tools in a large, polyglot, distributed environment.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop micro-services and tools that provide common support for scalable and highly available software system
- Work closely with design teams to support their use of the platform to deliver complete solutions to customers
- Participate in all phases of an agile development cycle - plan, design, implement, review, test, deploy, document, and training
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Strive to make continuous improvement
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithems and design patterns
- Development experience - preferably in lanugarages such as Python/GoLang/Java
- Distributed, highly-available, horizontally scalable systems running at large scale
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp-up on new languages and technologies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
skills: Desirable knowledge or experience
(a plus - not mandatory)
- Database technology including Cassandra, distributed SQL, graph databases, Datomic, etc.
- Distributed high throughput messaging system such as Apache Kafka
- Good knowledge of OS and software security
- Cloud environment (e.g. AWS, OpenStack, etc.)
- Customer support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.