The Network Admin will support the existing network infrastructure with a primary goal of maintaining a stable, secure and efficient network and related systems environment.
location: Onalaska, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $75 - 85 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
This position will help manage the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and network as well establishing best practice policies and procedures. This position will support the Lead Network Engineer with a hands-on approach in installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of our standard hardware/software technology. They will help manage relationships with and serve as a liaison with external technical support and vendors. Must be able to support medium to complex network administrative tasks with minimal guidance from team mentor and other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or combination of experience
- 5 Years or more experience as a Network Engineer
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Current CCNA or CCDA Certification
- Security certifications and experience required
skills: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, etc.
- Configuring and installing network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Manage and maintain monitoring systems (e.g. Solarwinds preferred)
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.