A client of ours is looking for a Director of Business Intelligence/Analytics for a direct hire opportunity in either Annapolis Junction, MD or Denton, TX.
The Director of BI & Analytics will provide guidance and direction to a global organization on how to leverage data as a competitive advantage. The candidate needs to be able to work at a strategic, operational and tactical level to ensure full transparency and access of data across the enterprise. He or she will manage a global team of resources to provide necessary data visibility at both a regional and global level
The candidate will own several key applications through their life cycle i.e. vision, technical architecture, coding & development, testing, implementation and support. The candidate will influence enterprise and business partner decision makers to use appropriate tools and technologies to support the realization of their business strategies.
This is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to be extremely engaged in all aspects of the BI landscape and have the ability to assist in development work as needed.
location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive BI Strategy for the organization
- Continuously enhance and maintain ESAB's enterprise data warehouse and associated data marts and tools
- Manage a global team of developers
- Deliver agreed upon BI projects and other deliverables
- Improve ESAB's capabilities and velocity in information dissemination for making business decisions using constantly assessing and upgrading tools, processes and team
- Ensure rigor in design / code reviews, project planning, estimation, execution and support
- Interact with business users to understand their BI needs, analyze issues, help with testing, identify priorities and execute to their satisfaction
- Collaborate with different IT teams to deliver BI and other corporate projects
- Develop and optimize T-SQL code, including database scripts, triggers, SSIS package and stored procedures for multiple applications.
- Hands on SQL programming as needed.
- 8+ years of DW & BI experience required. Strong SQL knowledge is a must. Working experience with PowerBI is strongly preferred.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in Microsoft SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS preferred.
- Versatile working with all service aspects of high throughput and multi-tenant Azure services, such as Windows Azure, or SQL Azure is a plus.
- Experience in consulting, implementation and maintenance of DW / BI tools.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse design concepts, principles and database structures.
- Extensive experience developing queries, reports, and forms in database programs.
- Must have managed 3-4 transformational BI projects.
- A comprehensive understanding of business practices as they relate to database management.
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong time management skills, able to juggle numerous tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative team environment, excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Must have managed 3-4 transformational BI projects
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.