Robotics Software Engineer
Randstad Engineering Solutions provides full life cycle services to multiple organizations with a focus in the areas of new product development, Functional Safety, Embedded Engineering and product support . This project is for one of the world's leading medical technology companies working on Robotics for surgical applications.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Participate in planning and conduct software requirement analysis and design in all facets of the software development life cycle . You should be highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to convey highly technical information to internal staff as well as external clients. It is also important that you combine excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work well both independently or as part of a team. Develop highly performant algorithms in C++ for real-time robotic control software and firmware. Write software that will interact with and control complex electromechanical systems. Participate in validating the functionality of your programs with surgeons, nurses, and other medical device users. Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related software focused engineering curriculum. Advanced degree preferred. Minimum 5+ recent years of experience in complex middleware C++ software design and development, preferably in a real-time environment. Strong object-oriented design and development experience. Detail oriented with strong English written and verbal communication skills. Network communications and protocols experience preferred Robotics control experience preferred. RTOS experience preferred MATLAB experience preferred.
Role Specific (Required)
- Strong C++ experience, including Boost, C++ 11 / C++ 14
- Experience writing multi-threaded and multi-process software
- Experiece with object-oriented design / object-oriented programming
- Experience writing software for real-time or embedded systems, including for VxWorks and/or Linux
skills: Role Specific (Desired)
- Strong Agile development practices, including TDD with Google Test and Google Mock
- Full SDLC experience writing software in a structured environment, such as Medical Devices (or Automotive or Aviation industries)
- Experience writing and designing control software
- Experience with the robotics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.