The Software Engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation. The Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% Java EE platform supplemented with extensive frameworks. The Software Engineer must be capable of producing high quality code, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, business analysts, and may include some client interaction.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 81 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing.
- Understand the impact of changes across the application.
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
- Enhance and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
- Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
- At least 7 years of Java development experience with at least 10 years of experience in enterprise system development.
- Experience with Java EE (Java 2 EE) required. Experience with at least one of Weblogic, Websphere or JBoss application server required. Optional experience with SQL, JMS, JMX and Maven desirable.
- Ability to apply advanced software programming to solve complex business problems.
- Must be detail-oriented, and capable of working with limited direction.
- Demonstrated record developing successful applications that are highly integrated and reliable
- Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.