IQQ Data Quality Lead (Informatica)
The Data Quality Lead supports all initiatives for profiling, cleansing and standardizing Master and Reference data from across multiple diverse source systems. This position works closely with the Global Reference & Master Data Management Lead, Data architects, Global Master Data Management Technical architects, Global portfolio Solution Architects, Regional Solution and Application Architects, Enterprise Architecture and key stakeholders to determine requirements related to master data and reference master data. This position leads and develops master data and reference master data, Data Quality solutions at a portfolio and project level in collaboration with other architects, global and regional portfolio teams and subject matter experts from Client's business units.
The Data Quality Lead understands both technical and functional design and brings perspective from all architecture domains (process, application, integration, data, technology and security) into the solution design of data quality capabilities specific to Master Data Management and Reference data management that support broader portfolio capabilities (e.g. HR, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, etc). Utilizing a strong expertise in the Master Data Management capability area, business processes and applications that support these processes, this position ensures solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). This position is accountable for solution evaluation and selection and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
The Data Quality Lead position is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the 'art of the possible', and driving innovation investments throughout the portfolio. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements and without compromising on the MDM solution. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.
The Data Quality Lead will own the delivery of clean and standardized data for all Master Data and Reference Data Management solutions, encompassing global business capabilities enabled by enterprise application landscape
location: Hopkins, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Planning and Development (40%)
- Analysis, design, development and delivery of enterprise-wide Master Data Management and Reference Data Management data quality solutions for key master entities such as Customer, Product, Vendor, Material etc and identifying sources and consumers of Master and Reference data.
- The Data Quality solution should also include the process of identifying reference data and defining the technical solution to consolidate reference data from across the enterprise residing in multiple source systems/source files. The technical solution should profile Reference data, incorporate Business feedback, apply transformation, cleanse and standardize reference data for use within the MDM system for key master data entities and provide to subscriber systems for their use.
- Develops and maintains high performance and scalable Data Quality solutions by leading solution definition, design, development
- Develop the Enterprise Data Quality Integration Strategy along with the MDM Solution Architect and MDM Functional Lead
- Leads and performs detailed design, deployment and production support for Data Quality one time and ongoing processes.
- Profiles source data using Informatica Analyst tool and discusses results with Business SMEs to define cleansing rules for Business and IT action
- Provides estimates, design and implementation for ETL process involving Informatica Landing, Staging and Base Objects tables, creation of mapping for data load and address standardization.
- Design and development of One time and ongoing process
- Defining, planning and executing migration of code across environments and maintaining version control
- Performance tuning of DQ processes and recommendations on environment sizing
- Develop a scalable design for Global and Multilingual data quality needs
- Collaborating with the vendor and other companies using Informatica MDM to understand and leverage best practices and influence the development of future product capabilities.
- Assisting with the development of governance practices
- Mentoring junior software developers on Data Quality
Business Partnership (30%)
- Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the data quality and standardization process when discussing results of Profiling
- Partner with business leadership to understand how data will be leveraged as a competitive advantage and define data quality business rules to enable business value.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for Data quality, standardization and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of master data and reference data.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate data quality needs.
- Provide guidance to Business SMEs on potential source system changes wrt cleansing/user training to prevent data issues and improve quality of source data on an ongoing basis in the feeds to Master data and reference data systems
- Provide guidance and training to Data Stewards across enterprises on stewardship activities pertaining to Data Quality
Quality Assurance (20%)
- Define and manage adherence to best practices and standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for Data quality
- Define error handling and monitoring for one time and ongoing data quality loads
- Create and execute Unit test plan and support QA test script creation for Data quality loads
- Minimize errors in delivery through stringent code review and test case review and execution
IT Innovation & Delivery (10%)
- Participates in routine and non-routine construction, automation and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met.
- Works with the MDM Solution Architect to provide inputs to the technology roadmap to upgrade application, database, operating system, network protocols etc. wrt end of life and conforming to enterprise standards
- Provides technical oversight and coaching to others resolving complex and severe Data Quality technical issues.
- Utilize technical and domain knowledge to develop and implement effective software solutions; provide hands on mentoring to Data Quality team members through all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile practices
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance. With minimal guidance, monitors systems capacity and performance.
- Leads disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning for Data quality jobs
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any other engineering discipline
- 10+ years of hands on experience in ETL in Integrated ERP environments specifically Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Power Center
- 7+ Years of hands on experience in Data Quality for MDM including Address doctor tool
- 5+ Years in leading teams on Data Quality for MDM
- 3+ Years in Data Quality for Informatica MDM Cloud and Address, Phone and Email verification services
- Strong development expertise in Informatica Data Quality, ETL and SQL
- Strong ETL Design and development skills. Deep expertise on ETL architecture and solutions
- Should have hands-on experience in Informatica Developer and Analyst tool 10.X
- Strong understanding of IDQ Process and Procedures such as Define, Discovery, Profiling, Remediation, and Monitoring.
- Experience in using IDQ tool for source data profiling, creating and applying rules.
- Experience in designing and executing Data Quality Audit/Assessment and data quality mappings that will cleanse and standardize
- Expertise in implementing data quality processes including transliteration, parsing, analysis, standardization and data enrichment using IDQ transformations.
- Expertise to ensure data quality and reliability and provide feedback to businesses and IT team on how to improve the quality of the data.
- Experience in developing human task workflow scenarios and IDQ scorecards to support data remediation
- Capable of independently analyzing requirements, designing and implementing DQ solutions
- Familiarity with Data Lakes
- Knowledge of and experience with Unix/Linux environment and shell scripting
skills: The ideal candidate would possess strong communication skills and able to lead conversations with the business & Sr. stakeholders. This person would mentor and coach other members on the team- informal leadership experience would be beneficial.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.