This person will be a key liaison for day to day operations and application support for all aspects of the Avaya Aura systems and associated software and hardware. This position will be based out of our Quincy office but will be required to travel to other client sites to support the Telecom environment
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This includes integration support among the Avaya S8800 PBX and any other vendor escalations. Daily monitoring and maintaining telephony enterprise and assuring maximum system uptime, component patching, alarm resolution and Service Desk ticket resolution. This position will work very closely with the MassDOT IVR Contact Center Managers, Agents and other IT staff to support the Telecom environment.
This candidate will require good working knowledge and background in Contact Center technologies and operations, VoIP & SIP telephony experience and will need to have excellent communication and customer/vendor relations experience.
Resolve telephony service interruptions with minimal supervision. This includes working with vendors and communicating status updates to telecom management. Proactively analyze, troubleshoot and resolve telecommunications system alarms and circuit issues in a timely manner. Perform routine system administration and maintenance for local and remote locations with no impact to the end-user community.
The successful candidate must be capable and comfortable with working in a team setting; sharing knowledge, skills and specific abilities in an effort to enhance overall team proficiency. Also, the successful candidate will be expected to perform other related duties as directed, but not limited to system backups, system archival; non-technical duties as, meetings, conference calls, IT related material deliveries, routine server room organization.
qualifications: Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Works with team members and business units to maintain an enterprise wide, converged voice strategy and unified dial plan
· Ensures high availability of our critical contact centers infrastructure
· Assists in maintaining high availability of critical voice services located in remote offices.
· Willingness to travel to remote office locations for expansions, and other infrastructure changes and support.
· Acts as a liaison for internal customers and third party vendors
· Mentors and maintains a close working relationship with the other Tech Ops engineers within the team
· Administers and manages hardware and software upgrades to our voice systems
· Creation and maintenance of documentation and processes
· Responsible for full telecom disaster recovery support
· Work with Telecom Vendors to establish and manage relationships and services
Knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge of Avaya systems S8800 Media Servers, G450 Gateways, Avaya Session Manager, AES (Application Enablement Services), Avaya Aura Communications Manager and adjuncts, Avaya Aura Messaging, VoIP implementation, Avaya One-X Mobile & EC500.
- 5+ years of hands-on VoIP/SIP experience a must
- 5+ years of experience in the design and troubleshooting of enterprise-class telephony and LAN/WAN environments
- Technical experience and competency with the following: Data Networking; VoIP & Quality of Service H.323 & SIP endpoints; DHCP; VLAN.
- Capable of managing special assigned projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Excellent problem solver with strong trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Carrier SIP Services
- Contact Center Reporting
- Outbound IVR dialers
- (SBC) Acme Session Border Controllers.
- Distributed network sniffers/analyzers
- IVR technology (Five 9, Genesys, InContact, etc)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.