The selected candidate will work as a member of the Information Technology (IT) Program Management Office (PMO) and is responsible for overseeing the execution of the Enterprise Work and Asset Management Electric Operations Project.
The project is part of an Enterprise Work and Asset Management Program which will consolidate business processes to a set of common industry best practice processes across operating companies and will replace aging and disparate work tracking/management solutions.
The project will purchase an industry standard EAM software platform to be used enterprise-wide but implemented for Electric Operations. Implement common, industry best practice processes supported via configuration of the chosen EAM solution for Electric Operations, plan and execute Organizational Change Management (OCM) to enable the transition to and adherence with the new common business processes. Establish a common asset repository and necessary data conversion / population to support asset-based processes. Integrate existing applications (i.e. Financials, HR, Supply Chain, Mobility, Scheduling, GIS, Customer Portals, etc.) as needed to support the core business processes and improve customer communications / visibility to work status. Retire existing work management platforms.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The project will include implementation services performed by a 3rd party vendor Solution Integrator, highly experienced in projects of this scale and specialized in organizational change management, process analysis and design, application rationalization, integration methodology and project execution that culminates with the implementation of a fully integrated solution.
The Project Manager will be responsible to deliver this project to completion and owns the scope, cost, schedule and risks for the project. The Project Manager will manage multiple tracks, business and technical resources, consultants and vendors contracted to deliver solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of project delivery including budget, schedule, scope, weekly meetings, risks and issues; providing clear and accurate weekly and monthly project reporting and forecasting; acting as a champion to foster a positive project work environment; and successfully lead the team to accomplish all the project objectives on time and on budget.
Experience with IT Supplier onshore/offshore model a plus.
PMI (Project Management Institute) certification as a PMP (Project Management Professional) is preferre
- Candidate must have previous experience with multiple Enterprise Asset and Work Management projects and previous experience in IT for Electric Utilities.
- The successful candidate will be fully knowledgeable and proficient in all aspects of the project management Body of Knowledge.
- The candidate must have demonstrated experience successfully managing large complex projects with multiple tracks and be able to cite practical examples of this including example deliverables.
- Candidate must have experience with the MS project scheduling tools.
- The successful candidate must be a high energy, detail oriented individual who will demonstrate: high caliber communication, leadership and people skills; strong organizational skills; and the ability to successfully initiate, track, report and close projects.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to collaborate and coordinate activities with diverse groups, including stakeholders, sponsors, leads, vendors, other project managers, and technical staff; a strong process orientation including producing high quality documentation artifacts; and a sound working understanding of IT concepts and the IT design & delivery life cycle.
- The successful candidate also will demonstrate the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization from administrative and technical staff to executive Steering Committees, and also the ability to plan and execute Organizational Change Management to ensure that the technical solution delivered is fully accepted and used, and provides solid business value.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.