We are seeking a Business Technology Support professional. The incumbent will be a highly skilled individual who is highly organized and self-motivated, and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service skills.
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs troubleshooting and identification of applicable problems relating to PC's, applications, and basic network communications.
- Engagement throughout the lifecycle of a ticket; including research and communication of status to users.
- Provide administrative support for business applications to end users.
- Working with additional Helpdesk staff to manage ticket assignments and issue resolution.
- Working with Systems Engineers, Information Security and Business Analysts to resolve/escalate problems.
- Engage in project based assignments with system engineers on an as needed basis.
- Research various problems to provide appropriate responses to end users, be able to do basic troubleshooting and assist users through simple procedures.
- Monitor Helpdesk queue (voicemail, e-mail and ticketing system) for support inquiries.
- Provide basic administration of accounts and passwords.
- Mobile device management using centralized control applications (iOS and Android)
- Departmental purchasing to include order creation, receiving and inventory control of equipment/supplies.
- Provide training for local staff on audio/visual technologies.
- Participate with on-call rotation and occasional evening hyper care.
- Contribute to our Knowledge database by creating Knowledge articles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Help Desk/Service Desk, or similar role
- Ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Passion for teamwork and problem solving.
- Be familiar with and capable of supporting and troubleshooting common business technologies, particularly Microsoft products.
- Deliver excellent customer service onsite and via the telephone/remote applications.
- Effectively manage time and resources.
- Must be well spoken, organized, detailed-orientated, dependable and flexible.
- Familiarity with remote access technologies (Citrix, VPN).
Bachelor's Degree in IT or similar field preferred.
Microsoft Certified Professional certification (or higher) is a plus but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.