- Drive proper project chartering and setup.
- Facilitate the definition of the project scope, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements.
- Identify necessary management structures for projects, and secure the management involvement required.
- Establish a communication strategy in partnership with business and IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
- Keeps user experience in the forefront of all user-facing projects.
- Work with technical teams and business teams when developing technologies and communication plans to provide an optimal end user experience.
- Drive project management processes (including scope, schedule, risk, issue, resource management). Develop and maintain project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, materials and other project related artifacts.
location: New Haven, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
- Escalate issues that require executive attention.
- Responsible for managing and preparing the IT portfolio status report and dashboard for IT-Steering Committee
- Track project metrics (for example, schedule variances and customer satisfaction) to drive effective project execution.
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate project risks.
- Perform team management, driving motivation, collaboration and performance.
- Oversee and control any external resources contracted to the project.
- Manage vendor relationships and drive deliverables to meet target dates.
- Ensure business inclusion throughout the management of the project schedule, project decision making, training, etc.
- Bachelor's degree Business management and/or Information Technology management
- Understanding and adherence to PMI's or similar Project and portfolio Management methodologies
- PMP and Agile methodologies certification is a plus
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience in Business Transformation program and/or Project management area.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with proven track record of leading broad, complex and/or strategic projects combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of business process and pain points in Commercial within Pharma/Biotech setting
- Experience in managing Product Launch planning, MDM, CRM & Sales Analytics projects within Pharma/Biotech
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Demonstrated experience with assessing, rating, prioritizing and managing IT/Business projects portfolio in biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth knowledge and experience building and motivating teams, with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Broad business acumen and understanding of software development processes, outsourcing and off-shoring.
- Proven experience working effectively in a matrix organization and ability to collaborate effectively across geographies
- Integrate process, people, quality and commitment-centric approach to getting work done.
- Drive for high quality and ability to collaborate with other stakeholders to achieve high goals
- Ability to work with different cross-functional stakeholders to establish and ensure a reliable and productive working relationship
- Good written and oral communication skills including capacity to comfortably interface with senior leaders, including executive staffStrong negotiation skills and ability to influence.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.