Requirement Title: Project Manager
Description: Candidates will be required to perform in a fast paced and dynamic environment that requires strong decision making skills, flexibility, and adaptability while maintaining positive working relationships with all partners. The main responsibility of the senior project manager will be to work with various business and IS/IT groups internal and external to the organization to ensure delivery of IS/IT Solutions.
This position will be the sole PM for various projects, as well as, coordinate PMO reporting for various projects led by our business partners. This position works closely with management to ensure department goals are accomplished. This position may work on small, medium, and large sized projects for existing IS solutions, developing new solutions, exploration pilots, as well as managing smaller issue & enhancement requests.
location: Stamford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Candidate may be asked to assist in the development of junior Project Managers. Direct experience as a coach is preferred but not required.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience within business analytics, business intelligence, or data warehousing environments. Working knowledge of analytic needs for Consumer Package Goods Sales, Trade Spend solutions, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing is preferred. A minimum of 7 years experience as a project manager, and 2 years as a PMO leader are required including waterfall and agile/scrum methodologies.
In the senior project manager role, the candidate will minimally be expected to:
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to provide communication to director level business and IT leaders and staff in a fast changing environment
- Coordinate other project managers to ensure project communication within and between teams
- Ensure that approved methods, processes, standards, documentation, and tools are consistently used by the project team
- Execute and maintain a project plan and provide PMO reporting of status and metrics to management
- Perform analysis and planning for all phases/aspects of a business analytic project from initiation though implementation
- Manage project scope, schedule, cost, dependencies, resource assignments, issues, and risks
skills: - Be willing to take ownership and resolve project issues impacting project schedules and demonstrate tenacity for maintaining schedules in a fast paced environment
- Interface with all areas affected by the project (e.g. external agencies, business owners, management, dependent application teams, data specialists, and the immediate project team).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.