The Knowledge Management and Training team helps build trust, automation and stability to knowledge management functions throughout the organization. Our mission is to design and deliver a range of solutions driving the preservation and dissemination of FreeWheel technology knowledge. We empower both internal and external audiences with relevant, dynamic and practical documentation and educational experiences.
The New York-based Knowledge Management Technical Writer will support this mission by leveraging product expertise, business and analytical skills and program management best practices to drive, ready and deliver stellar communication and documentation focused on meeting the needs of our customer base. The Knowledge Management Technical Writer will report to the Director, Knowledge Management and Training based in New York, NY.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- End-to-end evaluation, creation, and publication of overall systems documentation, customer facing documents and training content based on end user set (Internal FreeWheel teams, external customers, detailed external training
- Engage in Product and Engineering squad meetings, product design sessions, etc. as needed to develop an understanding of the products, use cases, and core functionalities
- Create supporting documents for assigned product set (manuals, collateral, workbooks, guides, etc.), organizing and distributing in line with Advertising communication strategy and standards; revise documents in coordination with product updates and changes
- Develop a core understanding of the assigned Advertising product area, serving as the technical documentation subject matter expert, providing feedback on best medium for messages/audience and standardizing core elements of productization
- Interpret business process, product requirements, user stories and product design documents to convey the simplest set of instructions for completing a specific task
- Conduct technical and editorial reviews of all documentation outputs including manuals, guides, leave behinds and training content
- Use project management skills to define and meet project milestones, communicate issues and risks in a timely manner, and manage stakeholder expectation
- 4 - 6 years of experience in a content development role
- Proven experience designing, writing technical content, and evaluating deliverables under aggressive timelines in a corporate setting.
Scope of Work:
This role will be supporting the Advanced Advertising Team. They will provide end-to-end evaluation, creation, and publication of overall systems documentation, customer facing documents and training content based on end user set
Business Benefit of Investment:
Support this mission by leveraging product expertise, business and analytical skills and program management best practices to drive, ready and deliver stellar communication and documentation focused on meeting the needs of our customer base.
- Passion for learning new products, ideas and systems quickly, combined with the ability to translate business requirements into client friendly documentation and materials
- Desire to work directly with content authoring, development teams, and stakeholders to produce extraordinary content
- Contribute to creating an effective user experience for internal and external consumers of our content
- Self-starter with strong project management experience, acute attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to independently and proactively manage yourself against a robust workload with multiple concurrent projects and tight deadlines
- Possess ability to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the experience for how end-users consume content
- Entrepreneurial, comfortable with ambiguity, and excited about the aspect of helping support the development of a best in class user guides for FreeWheel's products
- Instructional design/training background a plus
- Knowledge of technical writing standards and best practices.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills; proven ability around conceptualizing technical/functional content into something creative that people actually enjoy consuming
- Adaptable - ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a complex, ambiguous environment
- Expert ability in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, English, or related field.
Life is short. Work someplace great.
Deliverables include but are not limited to:
- Monthly release readiness briefs and feature descriptions for product enhancements and bug fixes
- API system documentation
- Expand, update and improve existing technical documentation with expanded
- Tech Writing Style and Standards Guides and templates for organization
- Editorial reviews of client notifications
- Client specific playbooks on technical capabilities
Without this resource we will fall behind on business plans
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.