job summary: Description
- Develop Java or Scala programs for Qarth Pipeline using Cassandra, Kafka, Apache Storm, REST APIs and JSON.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65.40 - 71.94 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6+ years experience building scalable e-commerce applications
skills: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6+ years experience building scalable e-commerce applications
- 2+ years experience with big data methodologies involving Cassandra, Kafka and Apache Storm (MANDATORY)
- 5+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java applications
- 5+ years experience developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services or related skill
- 5+ years experience developing with web/app containers such as Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache/Tomcat, Jboss or related skill
- 5+ years experience with advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (GitHUB, SVN, CVS, Clearcase)
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.