Randstad is looking for a Mechanical Engineer for an opportunity in Carlsbad, CA
The focus of this role:
- Creating and maintaining documentation for requirements, specifications, designs, test plans and test reports.
location: Carlsbad, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Creating documentation, including: component details, assembly details, incoming and finished inspection requirements, through the use of CAD as a design tool.
- Designing injection molded components with a variety of polymer, thermoplastic resins and adhesives.
- Planning and executing mechanical verification activities including design reviews and verification summaries, simulation, functional testing, failure analysis and ad hoc debugging.
- Utilizing best practices in mechanical design analysis, modeling and tolerance analysis to produce a highly viable mechanical solution
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience in the design and analysis of complex plastic injection molded parts.
skills: - Strong knowledge of the process of injection molding.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experience performing FEA, tolerance analysis (worse case, Monte Carlos, RSS etc.)
- Proficiency with solid modeling CAD software (Pro-E/Creo).
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and solid understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with FDA quality systems including ISO13485, 21CFR Part820 (a plus).
Behaviors: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- The ability to efficiently analyze and resolve complex technical issues and evaluate tradeoffs to resolve technical problems and achieve overall project objectives
- The ability to meet project commitments (schedule, cost, and project goals)
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently
- A history of cooperation and technical leadership in driving teams to meet project goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments
- Ability to take ownership and step in to assist team members in order to meet project goals
- This position primarily requires sitting, standing, and walking. Also requires lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs. Must have fine manipulation and grasping skills, as well as the ability to reach, twist, and bend on an occasional to frequent basis. Must be able to work with common lab tools and perform routine soldering of electronic components. Must be able to travel by plane and driving a car.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.