job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
In this role, you will be a critical member of the team building foundational services for the native mobile application platform. You'll support and extend running applications & design and develop new applications. You'll be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected. You will be working in an agile environment, which means test-driven development and pair programming. We are evolving towards a dev ops model, with our development teams engaged in monitoring, optimizing and supporting our production environments. Project Description:
The team builds services that aggregate data from the various systems available in the ecosystem, in order to provide a consistent, reliable, and scalable service interface for the native mobile apps.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $54 - 74 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: What would a normal day for this position look like??
- 75% of the time actually doing the developing
- The remainder of the day is Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, Showcases, and Design Sessions
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills and technologies that you are looking for in a candidate? Required Experience
- 10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
- Developing Spring/Java/Maven applications
- Aggressive Refactoring
- High comfort level with Unix
- Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
- Collaborating with downstream consumers and upstream providers to establish sound API contracts
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Infrastructure Automation (Chef in particular)
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit and Spock in particular)
skills: Skills Overview: What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Social Skills
- Sense of humor
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.