Our Client is seeking a Senior Security Engineer
to join their team in Alpharetta for an exciting project.The Security Engineer will join a Security Team responsible for delivering Enterprise Perimeter Security infrastructure solutions based on next generation security technologies. This position will provide design and engineering solutions to project and program level initiatives. This position requires a high degree of collaboration with other Information Security teams to provide the right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $55.00 - 59.85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- The Security division this individual will support is responsible for architecting, building and supporting the technology platforms and services used by clients.
- In this Security Engineering role, you will partner with internal technology groups and engineering teams to develop enterprise technical designs for top priority projects, while advocating adherence to enterprise standards through collaboration with multiple Architecture and Engineering teams.
- Builds relationships and works closely with our internal customers, as well as occasionally with external customers, to ensure solutions are technically solid, issues are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered within budget and on-time.
- Work with project team to perform major tech refresh and drive results. Resolves challenges by analyzing issues, assisting the team to determine the most appropriate course of action, providing direction.
- Oversees the evaluation of capacity of all platforms, and forecasts required infrastructure additions to ensure no negative impacts due to lack of capacity.
- Assist in defining engineering standards and ensures programs are in place to implement, quantify, measure, and report on these standards.
qualifications: Required Job Experience:
o 5-8 years of relevant work experience designing and building enterprise class security systems.
o 5-8 years of Palo Alto / Panorama experience.
o 5-8 years of Checkpoint experience.
o 2+ years of hands on experience Python scripting.
o Must be proficient at the techniques of requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification.
o Extensive understanding and experience in technology areas for firewalls, intrusion systems, networking, databases, HA/DR, virtual systems, PCI compliance, and other IT regulations
o Previous Infrastructure/Security Engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
o Expert level technical skill in one or more technology disciplines (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, perimeter security best practices, audit compliance).
o Recent experience leading the technical design of enterprise network security systems or other complex projects related to perimeter security frameworks.
o Architecture familiarity with the following Enterprise Technologies: WAN & LAN, Security, Firewall, XML Gateway, Virtualization, HA/DR, WAF.
o Experience with security architectures and standards (defense-in-depth, micro/macro segmentation, software-defined infrastructure services, perimeter security)
o Ability to work closely with infrastructure/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
o Experience leading and communicating with highly technical engineers and senior leadership.
o Experience effectively managing multiple technology projects simultaneously.
o Ability to move projects forward, prioritize tasks and resolve project issues with minimum supervision.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions, Tier 2 and Tier 3 support.
o Experience with the Microsoft suite of tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project. Preferred Qualifications:
o Certifications - Engineering and Design level certification for one or more of the following technical disciplines (CISSP, CEH, Palo Alto Network, Checkpoint Networks.)
o Previous Infrastructure/Security engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
o Experience in an e-Commerce or client transaction environment.
o Travel:~10% Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience with 8+ years of relevant work experience
o High level of organizational skills.
o Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance.
o Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
o Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner.
o Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence.
o Experience designing and implementing distributed perimeter security systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.