Client Security Engineer
Client Security Engineer The Client Security Engineer (CSE) is an integral part of the managed security solution.
Our CSE partner with the customer's network and security architects to create security designs based on best practices and customized to meet the customer security policies.
They will ensure that new designs support appropriate capacity levels and then provide ongoing capacity management though-out the design life cycle.
location: Cary, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
The CSE is tasked with lifecycle ownership of the environment and works closely with Security Operations Center and back office MSS teams to provide 3rd and/or 4th level operational support, problem resolution, and identify production pain points.
Roles & Responsibilities
Security Architecture - creating technically sound security designs that are compliant with the customer's security policies, and manageable from the 24x7 SOC. Also responsible for maintaining standards, CPE, and version control for custom MSS engagements.
Projects - requirements mapping, consulting, project response, level of effort determination, equipment specification, and implementation recommendations and guidance. Proactively generate proposals for recommended, corrective, courses of action based on problem management or RCA reports.
Operations Support - 3rd or 4th level Operations Support
As a Security Engineer You Will:
- Help overcome technical challenges as you help move the network forward with new technology, features and functionality, which includes conducting product and technology evaluations
- Minimize the risk of negative effects resulting from poorly planned network changes
- Act in an advisory capacity as the network evolves and grows, to:
o Determine the appropriate hardware and software features and functionality required for a change or enhancement.
o Verify that the new hardware and software levels are interoperable with the existing legacy network. and
o Carry the customer forward with new technology while attempting to protect the customer's investment in the process
- Give technical advice and guidance on network cutovers and implementation plans while understanding how these changes/modifications can affect the customer's business
- Provide guidance, technical, and troubleshooting support on Tier 4 escalations. This benefit is particularly relevant in environments that Verizon has built and/or provided a refresh
You Must Have:
- 5+ years of hands on implementation, configuration, and support of firewall
- Experienced across multiple vendor security devices & technologies, including Routers, switches, Firewalls & IDS/IPS, and NAC devices (i.e. Juniper, Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.)
Even Better If You Have:
- Experience successfully led a number of significant merger and acquisition efforts related to security architecture
- Vendor certifications - such as CCNA, CCNP & CCSP preferred
- Security certifications from SANS, or ISC(2) such as CISSP, or CompTIA Security +
- Previous experience in a NOC/SOC and/or as a project or lifecycle engineer, providing complex technical support
- Ability to travel and work flexible schedule as necessary
- Project management experiences a plus, time management essential
- Excellent communication skills - listening as well as oral and written communication with technician to Executive level a must
- Proficient in MS Office applications including MS excel, Project, and Visio
CCNA, CCNP CCSP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.