Lead User Researcher
- Participate in all aspects of user research and design to provide expertise and guidance in order to deliver superior application user experience to business partners for web and mobile applications.
- Participate in all aspects of User Centered Design to provide expertise and guidance around the design, development, analysis and testing of mobile and web applications.
- Designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing
location: Milpitas, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Preparing materials for user research (e.g., interview scripts, lab setup, study planning)
- Running in-person or remote usability testing sessions
- Willing to travel when needed
- Administering interviews
Analyzing and interpreting qualitative data (basic quantitative data analysis and interpretation is a plus)
- Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies
- Creating highlight videos/screenshots, graphs to build keynote/PPT decks
- Collaborating with other product team members
- 5+ years user research experience required
- Interest in general research and/or user research methods
- Expertise in usability testing.
- Excellent observation and note-taking skills
- Detailed oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects·
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
skills: - B.A./B.S. in Psychology, Applied Psychology, Sociology Marketing or other field emphasizing human psychology is a plus
- M.A./M.S./Ph.D (in progress or completed) in Psychology, Applied Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Marketing or other field emphasizing human decision making and psychology is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.