We are looking to hire an Engineer for designing, developing, and maintaining Big Data platform on AWS cloud. The desired candidate would have an excellent understanding of big data technologies and AWS services
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create and maintain big data pipeline in cloud environment
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS database/data technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing the products
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in the data systems
- Write java application to process large volume of data
- Write analytics applications using Spark/EMR/Scala
- Implement manage CI/CD pipeline in AWS using Cloud Formation
- Master/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of software design and development experience with core Java and J2EE
- Experienced in building resilient, stateless, scalable, & distributed systems
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to be productive and effective within a matrix organization
skills: - Excellent communicator - verbal and written skills required
- Experience with Spark and Scala
- Programming/scripting/query Languages: Java, Python, SQL
- AWS deployment automation: Terraform/Cloud Formation
- General AWS Service knowledge: S3, Redshift, Elastic Search, DynamoDB, EC2, EMR, Data Pipeline, Glue, Kinesis, SNS, SQS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.