job summary: Position Description
- YouTube's mission is to give everyone a voice and a chance to succeed, bring people together and show them the world.
- Our rapidly growing music products (YouTube Music App and Music on YouTube) provide unique challenges and new responsibilities everyday.
- As a Marketing Business and Insights Manager, your responsibilities are to uncover and understand the issues facing the Global Music industry and YouTube's music users and then work with the right teams to tackle the problem and grow our business.
- Your work will inform marketing strategies, plans and activations globally.
- The insights you will gather from our users, data and initiatives will help clarify what's working, how we can continually improve our marketing executions and increase our loyal user base over time.
- You will understand our consumers, their needs and barriers, and how we can overcome them.
- You will use your analytical prowess and business judgment to structure and prioritize initiatives.
- You will closely work with, guide and influence cross-functional stakeholders (Product & Engineering) and marketing counterparts in countries around the globe.
- You will help conceptualize and structure marketing campaigns. You will influence product development activities through user insights, market needs and fact-based storytelling.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $80.00 - 88.34 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- MBA degree from a reputed university, 3+ yrs of total work experience
- Deep interest in the online music industry, digital media consumption patterns and technology business principles
- Strong analytical / coding skills for database analysis and data viz. (Tools: Excel/Tableau Languages: SQL, others are optional)
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications; balance deep analytical rigor with actionable insights
MBA degree from a reputed university, 3+ yrs of total work experience
- 2+ years of consulting experience post MBA / Project Lead
- Part of the Technology and Media practice, with a good understanding of traditional and digital media landscape and trends and/or Part of the Marketing functional practice, with experience in digital marketing
- Held leadership roles in multiple projects for either client or project teams, influencing senior stakeholder
- Passion for online video / YouTube ecosystem and digital culture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.