job summary: Sr. Software Engineer Developer
location: Smithfield, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 52 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Purpose of your role
You will be responsible for developing high-quality web application components in support of the Plan Sponsor Web portal that supports 401k, Pension, Stock plan services, Health & Insurance, as well as other products for our Workplace Solution clients. You will design, code and unit-test new functionality for one to many of these product lines in an Agile environment. . The Value you deliver
- Defining and developing web applications for our Plan sponsor experience product
- Working closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors
- Rapid prototyping to validate good and bad ideas quickly
- Writing source code, adapting existing components, and unit testing developed components.
- Ensuring designs meet performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
- Working under minimal supervision in collaboration with other engineer and analysts
qualifications: The Expertise we're looking for
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years web development experience with strong working knowledge of Java/Spring
- Exposure to Agile development methodology is required
- Experience creating, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment leveraging CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy are a plus.
skills: The Skills you bring
- You are able to work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- You are able to use business requirements to develop technical designs, define architectural strategies and solutions
- You are able to partner effectively with your technology business partners
- You are able to advise and guide less experienced developers in their work
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have a desire and aptitude for learning new technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.