Our client is expanding its Global SAP team to support its SAP S4 HANA landscape. This position will focus on Transportation Management / Logistics Execution and be located at their Charlotte, NC facility. This position works within a global IT team that is geographically dispersed and closely collaborates to effectively service its SAP users. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with SAP business users, providing world wide support and designing solutions to meet business process requirements. The selected candidate will also participate in large scale programs as the need arises.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
· Manage system maintenance activities, ensuring change requests and all enhancements are progressed.
· Actively manage relationships with business and functional groups as designated point of contact.
· Project manager for large, complex projects.
· Actively manage relationships with third party providers as designated point of contact.
· Undertake systems analysis, design and systems building activities together and in alignment with the logistics department
· Work largely autonomously on a range of projects and tasks with multiple parts.
- Extensive knowledge SAP Transport Management (TM) - manage transportation requirements from order entry to freight settlement.
- Strong knowledge in Logistics Execution (LE), Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) and Event Management (EM)
- Knowledge in Global Trade - TM freight order functionality for compliance check and customs
- Basic knowledge in Electronic Data Interchange, experience with portals such as Elemica is a plus.
- Understanding of freight contracts and booking (ocean, rail, air for domestic and international shipments)
- Familiar with freight planning/tendering/forwarding and settlement, labeling and transportation documents.
- Preferred but not required is experience with S/4 HANA
skills: The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in SAP IT department and / or SAP consulting positions. A proven record of professional progression and a broad understanding of SAP. In addition the candidate should be future focused willing to embrace new SAP technologies such as S/4 HANA. A professional background in a logistical company like a 3PL provider or carrier would be a plus.
- 10 + years experience in related SAP support and/or consulting
- BS degree in Computer Science or related
- Fluent in English
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.