As a Senior Windows Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to recommend, build, and maintain Microsoft Services and Servers including Active Directory and related technologies such as GPO, DFS, LDS, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, NPS, ADCS, as well as online Microsoft services such as Office 365 Exchange Online, Azure AD, SharePoint, and Teams.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides first level engineering design functions.
- Creates design strategies for Microsoft AD DS and other Microsoft Technologies
- Develops complex solutions from business requirements and architectural specifications.
- Designs, leads or plans complex implementations for systems and networks; develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation.
- Assists in the definition of architecture standards and anticipate areas where architecture standards may need to be developed that are in-line with customer, IT and industry standards.
- Validates the detailed architecture requirements for an application/technology to conform to the current and target architecture and standards.
- Oversees enterprise mix of vendor services; recommends changes and updates to strategy
- May act a key contact for setting vendor strategy.
qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of Windows Engineering experience
- Additional experience is acceptable in lieu of a Degree
- At least 5 years' experience managing Windows Server OS (Server 2008, Server 2012) as well as recent experience with Server 2016.
- At least 5 years' experience maintaining and troubleshooting AD Directory Services
- 3+ years' experience with cloud services - Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, O365
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Logon Scripts, DHCP, DNS, and administering/maintaining Microsoft Exchange Online/Hybrid Mode Deployments
- Knowledge of Provisioning & Configuration management tools (E.g. Active Directory, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Bash Scripting)
- Basic understanding of DB and Middleware installation and management. Such as SQL and IIS
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification is a plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting ability with strong detail orientation
- Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.