This is a role for someone who is passionate about security. Great opportunity for someone who wants to continue to grow and develop their career in a company who is known for recognizing and rewarding their employees. I placed the manager for this role and he is known in the security industry here in NC and a great person to mentor under.
DIRECT HIRE with good compensation including bonus, benefits, perks, and PTO. Relo assistance provided
To avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to email@example.com. As a qualified candidate I will respond to you same business day
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
As a Principal Cyber Security Engineer you will join our already skilled team of security professionals. We are looking for you who have a passion for security and take satisfaction in knowing your work has a positive effect on our customers.
As the Principal Cyber Security Engineer on our team you will lead incident response and investigation efforts, while also coordinating the design of global IT Security management software and hardware devices. You are responsible to ensure the systems and data integrity of the organization is being maintained and protected against the latest cyber threats.
- Manage, maintain, create roadmaps, and add functionality to all components of the enterprise's endpoint security and data loss prevention solutions.
- Serve as an incident leader on the enterprise security incident response team to handle more complex incident investigations. Apply forensic investigation techniques to document root cause and impact of detected computer security incidents.
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities that are applicable to systems and applications, determine their severity and urgency, work with the system owners to determine if and when corrective action will be taken, and perform necessary actions to verify that corrective actions were effective.
- Independently perform highly complex network vulnerability and information security forensics investigations, often as part of incident response actions.
- Lead the design and implementation of countermeasures to mitigate potential security threats, especially those that are more complex and far reaching. This includes but is not limited to: Antivirus defense (AV), Intrusion Detection (IDP/IPS), Network Access Control (NAC), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and Network Scanning and Vulnerability Identification, etc.
skills: Hiring Requirements:
- Prior experience managing endpoint security solutions in a large enterprise environment.
- Strong incident response and security operations background
- Technical implementation and management experience for at least two of these technologies: Antivirus defense (AV) / Endpoint Security, Network Access Control (NAC), Network Scanning and Vulnerability Identification, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of proven deep technical information security engineering experience.
- In lieu of degree, 8 years of information security engineering experience as described above.
Professional Certifications are a plus
- Proven ability to work effectively in emergencies while handling multiple priorities.
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Proven informal leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong work coordination, project management and planning skills.
- Exceptional consulting skillset with ability to provide appropriate direction to other IT groups and executives on security matters.
- Demonstrated initiative to learn new technologies.
- Proven ability to present and discuss highly complex technical information to users with varying technical expertise.
- Professional and/or technical certification in Information Security is desirable (i.e. CISSP, Security+, Network+, CCNA, SANS certifications (GSEC, GPPA, GMON, GCIA, GCIH, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.